Solablog

In our civilization, and under our republican form of government, intelligence

is so highly honored that it is rewarded by exemption from the cares of office.

~ Ambrose Bierce

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"When I wake from dreaming, it's then I'm most alive."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States


Email: FoeHammer61 [at] yahoo.com

Monday, August 15, 2005

Let Them Eat Principle

I'm a U2 fan. I have been since the early 1980s. I have nothing against them and don't wish them any ill.

(Here it comes . . .)

However, when I saw that they had been given a major award by Portugal for 25 years of looking stylish while telling others that they aren't doing enough to stop hunger in Africa, I had to say something. Oh, and what has U2 been doing recently? Spending thousands and thousands of dollars on lawyers so Bono could get his hat back.
Bono said: "This case was brought very reluctantly, in the context of a larger dispute which we never invited. The point of principle involved was of much greater significance to us than any item of memorabilia."

Question: How many starving children in Africa could have been fed for the price of Bono's "principle"?