Solablog

In our civilization, and under our republican form of government, intelligence

is so highly honored that it is rewarded by exemption from the cares of office.

~ Ambrose Bierce

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"When I wake from dreaming, it's then I'm most alive."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States


Email: FoeHammer61 [at] yahoo.com

Thursday, September 15, 2005

So That's What 'Green' Refers To

The BBC reports:
Taxpayers could be paying an extra billion pounds a year to subsidise green energy projects like wind farms, according to a group of MPs. The Public Accounts Committee said in some cases the government is paying out twice as much as the wind farm companies need to break even.
Devon Wind Power spokeswoman Rachel Ruffle said:
"I don't think people mind paying a small subsidy for clean, green electricity. [My emphasis]

A billion here. A billion there. Pretty soon we're talking real money.