Solablog

In our civilization, and under our republican form of government, intelligence

is so highly honored that it is rewarded by exemption from the cares of office.

~ Ambrose Bierce

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"When I wake from dreaming, it's then I'm most alive."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States


Email: FoeHammer61 [at] yahoo.com

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Morgan Freeman Has a Dream

Doug of Bogus Gold expounds on a 60 Minutes interview with Morgan Freeman. Doug quotes the following from an AP article:
"You're going to relegate my history to a month?" the 68-year-old actor says in an interview on CBS' "60 Minutes" to air Sunday (7 p.m. EST). "I don't want a black history month. Black history is American history." ...

Freeman notes there is no "white history month," and says the only way to get rid of racism is to "stop talking about it."

The actor says he believes the labels "black" and "white" are an obstacle to beating racism.

"I am going to stop calling you a white man and I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man," Freeman says.
Read Doug's entire post regarding this color blind ideal that once was the centerpiece of the civil rights movement.