Solablog

In our civilization, and under our republican form of government, intelligence

is so highly honored that it is rewarded by exemption from the cares of office.

~ Ambrose Bierce

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"When I wake from dreaming, it's then I'm most alive."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States


Email: FoeHammer61 [at] yahoo.com

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

A Little Respect...

Take a moment of respectful silence for the self-deprecating comedian Rodney Dangerfield who died today at the age of 82. Dangerfield and his famous line, "I can't get no respect," have become cultural icons. Dangerfield is one of the first comedians I remember from my youth. I had seen him recently on a couple late night talk shows and was disappointed that his "jokes" were so vulgar. But then, television from my youth didn't allow the same kind of garbage that is tolerated today. Oh, well. I digress.

Rodney Dangerfield may not have been a saint, but he did make a lot of people laugh. Measured against eternity that may not be much, but it's at least worth a blog entry.