Solablog

In our civilization, and under our republican form of government, intelligence

is so highly honored that it is rewarded by exemption from the cares of office.

~ Ambrose Bierce

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"When I wake from dreaming, it's then I'm most alive."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States


Email: FoeHammer61 [at] yahoo.com

Monday, April 04, 2005

The Last Full Measure of Devotion

The first Medal of Honor of the Iraq War will be posthumously awarded to Sgt. 1st Class Paul R. Smith this spring. I recommend the St. Petersburg Times' interactive report if you want to know what "the last full measure of devotion" means.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(This was originally published in my other blog, The Impudent Finger, on February 2, 2005. I decided just linking to the original article was insufficient to honor the first Medal of Honor recipient of World War IV. In case you have been distracted by the continual coverage of the Michael Jackson pedophilia trial or the Left-stream Media's ubiquitous stories of how the late Pope John Paul II did not embrace secular humanism, this is why I am republishing my post about Sgt. 1st Class Smith.)