Solablog

In our civilization, and under our republican form of government, intelligence

is so highly honored that it is rewarded by exemption from the cares of office.

~ Ambrose Bierce

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"When I wake from dreaming, it's then I'm most alive."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States


Email: FoeHammer61 [at] yahoo.com

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

What I Saw On My Way to the Sequel

I recently had some time to go see a movie on "the big screen". It had been a while since my interest in movie-going, my free time and the choices available reached critical mass. My intent was to go see the final installment of the prequel-trilogy of the original Star Wars trilogy. My backup plan was to see Batman Begins. I won't bore you with the details, but Providence had other plans. With both of my choices eliminated, there was only one other movie that interested me. All I have to say is, thank God for Providence!

The movie I saw was Cinderella Man starring Russell "The Telephone Man" Crowe, Renee Zellwegger and Paul Giamatti. If you haven't seen it yet, go see it NOW before it leaves the theatres. Cinderella Man is a boxing movie that's not about boxing. It's about family, honesty, self-sufficiency, hardship, redemption, perseverence, self-sacrifice . . . in other words, good old fashioned American values. Director Ron Howard (Apollo 13, A Beautiful Mind) has a knack for making great films and this is no exception.